Fulton County Government is seeking teen leaders to serve as a voice for youth and communities throughout metro Atlanta. The Fulton County Youth Commission is a LEADERSHIP PROGRAM designed to help get tomorrow’s LEADERS involved TODAY! As program participants, students will address the many issues presently facing youth through the influences of government mandates, policies and legislation. Students will become familiar with how local government resolves youth issues and will make suggestions for the best solutions, but most importantly help facilitate change.
Program Brochure: 2020-2021 FCYC Recruitment Brochure Below.
In order to be considered, students must meet the following criteria:
1) Submit program APPLICATION filled out in its entirety by June 26th, 2020
(Please email email@example.com or go to https://www.fultoncountyga.gov/fcyc for application).
2) Submit a TWO PAGE ESSAY.
3) Submit a one page typed NOMINATION STATEMENT from a teacher, counselor, principal, pastor/religious leader, or community member who has known the applicant for at least one year.
4) Must be in the 9th – 11th grade during the 2020-2021 academic school year.
5) Must attend a Fulton County School, Atlanta Public School, Private or Charter within Fulton County lines.
6) Must be a Fulton County resident.